- Gazette notice
- History made
- Notable highlights
- NDC livestreams (video)
- Ngome ditches FK
IN EXERCISE of the power conferred by section 20 (1) (a) and (c) of the Political Parties Act, 2011, the Registrar of Political Parties gives
notice that forum for the Restoration of Democracy Kenya (ford-K) intends to make the following changes…..
~ Office Of The Registrar Of Political Parties ~
The gazette notice informs intend by the Ford Kenya party to make the changes in the party leadership. Bungoma Senator Moses Masika Wetangula has been retained as the party leader after a successful National Delegates Conference (NDC) held on Thursday 4th Nov. 2021 at Bomas of Kenya ~ Nairobi.
The lion party leader had earlier ignored a document that was circulating on social media purporting to be an order by the Political Parties Disputes Tribunal (PPDT) that suspended the NDC. The tribunal said it suspended the NDC pending the hearing and determination of a petition filed by Crispinus Barasa under a certificate of urgency. They nevertheless progressed with the NDC as planned with Wetangula assuring delegates that the party remains strong and on a steady growth.
The party late on the same day hosted invited guests including Wetangula’s co-principals in the One Kenya Alliance (OKA); Musalia Mudavadi (ANC), Kalonzo Musyoka (Wiper party), Gideon Moi (KANU) and Cyrus Jirongo among others.
- Ford Kenya NDC @Bomas… arrivals/registration; https://fb.watch/9CSYBM4twZ/
- Ford Kenya NDC (Auditorium entry); https://fb.watch/9CT0JH9lFA/
- Ford Kenya – National Delegates Conference;
- OKA leaders: Kalonzo, Moi, Malala (for Musalia) and others joined delegates in a meeting; https://fb.watch/9CTs64NM9t/
Gazette notice (pdf): Gazette Vol. 244 30-11-21 FORD-K Officials & Special- FLB Appointments
The election of Mrs. Millicent Abudho as the Ford Kenya deputy party leader is history in the making for she becomes the first woman in history to hold such a position.
- Millicent Abudho’s becomes the first woman in history to be a deputy party leader in Kenya
- Tongaren MP Dr. David Eseli Simiyu’s name has been struck off as the Party SG, replaced by Kiminini MP Dr. Chris wamalwa
- Kanduyi MP. Wafula Wamunyiyi, who recently led a coup to dethrone Wetangula as the party leader, lost his position as Secretary of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries to Kwanza MP Ferdinand Wanyonyi.
- Kitutu Chache MP Richard Onyoka’s name has been struck off after defecting to ODM
- The gazettement ends any existing uncertainties on who is the leadership
- The gazettement now gives confidence to those who left the part due
- The exit of Onyonka’s exit obiri and Ezekiel from the same region
- Kisumu Town West MP Olago Aluoch has been replaced
NGOME DITCHES FK;
Bungoma Deputy Governor and Senatorial aspirant Prof. Charles Kibanani Ngome and CECM for Roads, Infrastructure and Public Works Collins Mukhongo yesterday Tuesday, 30 Nov. 2021 visited the Deputy President William Samoei Ruto at his Karen Residence in Nairobi County where they were officially welcomed into UDA.
From Prof. Ngome’s utterances, he seems keen to wreck the lion party even after joining UDA as his party of choice for 2022. Professor indicated that he will ensure he brings Ford Kenya to its knees in favor of UDA.
It must be remembered that Professor Ngome is a specialist in “testing waters” (Omwinyambi) one who says things for the purposes of getting a reaction, a reaction that would then advise future actions. He is nevertheless very good at the mic and would drive home a point that would otherwise prove impossible.
The move by Ngome is nevertheless the clearest indication that the coup plotters will all be joining Ruto’s UDA
Bungoma Governor Wycliffe Wangamati, Kanduyi MP Wafula Munyinyi and Tongaren MP David Eseli are yet to react to the new development
Meanwhile Majembe Machacha who was aspiring to contest for the senatorial seat on a UDA ticket has been tipped to defect to ODM following Ngome’s move.