UDA: Dynasties or Hustlers
The UDA party’s Hustler con-game is being unmasked every single passing day.
When President William Ruto branded himself as a Hustler way back in 2014, the majority of the Kenyans in the lower echelons of the population were swept off their feet by the possibilities that lay ahead if only they could make William Ruto their president. How wrong they were.
In Ruto’s first act of disappointment, he picked individuals to his cabinet who were either billionaires or millionaires. The very minimum qualification for one to be in the cabinet was that they must be rich. Of course none of them hustled in the real meaning of the word.
The Cabinet Secretaries are collectively worth Sh15.25 billion invested in land, apartments, ranches, aircrafts as well as high-end vehicles.
- Prime Cabinet Secretary Musalia Mudavadi – Sh4 billion
- Agriculture Cabinet Secretary Mithika Linturi – 2 billion
- Cooperative, Micro Small and Medium Enterprises Cabinet Secretary Simon Chelugui – Sh993 million
- Treasury Cabinet Secretary Prof Njuguna Ndungu – Sh950 million
- Ministry of Defence Cabinet Secretary nominee Aden Duale – Sh851 million
- Trade, Investment Promotion and Industry Cabinet Secretary Moses Kuria – Sh750 million
- Attorney General Justin Muturi – Sh700 million
- ICT and Digital Economy Cabinet Secretary Eliud Owalo – Sh645 million
- Education Cabinet Secretary Ezekiel Machogu – Sh590 million
- Roads, Transport and Public Works Cabinet Secretary Kipchumba Murkomen – Sh550 million
- Interior Cabinet Secretary Kithure Kindiki – Sh544 million
- Energy Cabinet Secretary Davis Chirchir – Sh 482 million
- Secretary to the Cabinet Mercy Wanjau – Sh475 million
- Youth Affairs, Sports and Arts Cabinet Secretary Cabinet Secretary Ababu Namwamba – Sh425 million
- Foreign and Diaspora Affairs Cabinet Secretary Alfred Mutua – Sh420 million
- CS EAC, ASALs and Regional Dev. Rebecca Miano, MBS – Sh397.1 million
- Tourism, Wildlife and Heritage Cabinet Secretary nominee Peninah Malonza – Sh300 million
- Water, Sanitation and Irrigation Cabinet Secretary Alice Wahome – Sh218 million
- Labour Cabinet Secretary nominee Florence Bore – Sh200 million
- Environment and Forestry Cabinet Secretary Soipan Tuya – Sh156 million
- Health Cabinet Secretary Susan Wafula – Sh101 million
- Public Service, Gender, Affirmative Action Cabinet Secretary Aisha Jumwa – Sh100 million
- Lands, Housing and Urban Development Cabinet Secretary Zachariah Njeru – Sh80 million.
The next test came for the party’s choice of their flag bearer in the Bungoma Senatorial by-election. At first glance, it is obvious that the president had a candidate in mind. He hosted the immediate former Bumula Member of Parliament, Mwambu Mabonga, at State House which is his official residence and posed for photos with him as if he was making it clear about his preference for the Bungoma seat even when he knew that the other aspirants in the race would not have a similar privilege.
The party on the other hand made it their business to make the party’s participation in the by-election a top secret. The only person who seemed to know that the party would be participating in the by-election was the said former MP. It has even been rumored that he was given the nomination certificate a long time ago and that was the reason why the party didn’t bother with conducting nominations for its flagbearer in the by-election.
The Bungoma voter is therefore being given a chance to decide whether he still buys the con Hustler narrative or they will make a sober decision. The choices are stark. Vote for a person who has been rejected barely two months ago or a real Hustler.
~ Anonymous ~