KEY OBSERVATIONS of RUTO CABINET APPOINTMENTS:
1. The target of 50% women has not been met — only 31% compromising women.
2. Target of 30% Luyia unmet — only 13% compromising appointees from western region.
3. Kales comprise only 18% of the cabinet.
4. Peninah Malonza & Alfred Mutua has been picked instead of Johnstone Muthama & Kivutha Kibwana.
5. Kilifi has a cabinet position & speakership of Senate. Kwale also has an appointee.
6. Omar Hasan & Balala are missing from the lineup despite vigorous campaigning to be included.
7. Duale to head one of the most sensitive ministries despite his close ties to Somalia.
8. Alfred Mutua sponsoring his trip to NYC where the cabinet selection was finalized has yielded bounty results.
9. Ababu Namwamba was not picked to head the Foreign Affairs docket despite tirelessly working for it.
10. 55% appointees are professional politicians.
11. Only 1 appointee served in the outgoing Uhuru cabinet.
12. Monica Juma who is in the outgoing Uhuru cabinet has been appointed to serve as a national security advisor.
13. No Azimio defectors were appointed.
Source: Nyukuri Barasa
President William Ruto nominates cabinet members:
1. Prime Cabinet Secretary – Musalia Mudavadi
2. Interior CS- Kithure Kindiki
2. National Treasury CS – Prof. juguna Ndung’u
3. Public Service CS – Aisha Jumwa
4. Defence CS – Aden Duale
5. Water CS – Alice Wahome
6. Foreign and Diaspora Affairs CS – Alfred Mutua
7. Trade CS – Moses Kuria
8. East African Community CS – Rebecca Miano
9. Roads, Transport CS – Kipchumba Murkomen.
10. Environment CS- Roslinda Soipan Tuta
11. Housing CS – Zachariah Mwangi Njeru
12. Tourism CS – Peninah Malonza
1. Agriculture CS – Mithika Linturi
14. Health CS – Susan Wafula
17. Information CS – Eliud Owalo
18. Education CS – Ezekiel Machogu
19. Energy CS – Davis Chirchir
20. Sports CS – Ababu Namwamba
21. Cooperatives CS – Simon Chelugui
22. Mining, Blue Economy and Maritime Affairs CS – Salim Mvurya
23. Labour CS – Florence Boore.
Attorney General – Justin Mutiri
Secretary to the Cabinet – Mercy Wanjau
DCI Boss Kinoti resigns, IG Mutyambai sent on terminal leave.